How We Can Help
What can the loan be used for?
- To buy new essential household items such as a washing machine; fridge; freezer, main furniture pieces, dryer, mower, heater etc.
- Medical Items such as an asthma pump, blood pres- sure or blood sugar monitor etc.
- Other worthwhile special items/services in line with NILS® policy and as agreed.
- Only one item is allowed per loan
The loan CAN'T be used for the following:
- General living expenses (eg food, clothing)
- Rent & Loan arrears, payment of debts and fines or Court Judgements
- Any recurring costs (eg. Car repairs, rego, tyres, NRMA, insurance)
- Second hand items (must be new)
- Rental bonds and Agent lease fees
- Repairs to white goods and other domestic appliances
- Cash advances, cheques payable to NILS® borrower, cheques payable to a third party for a private sale